Exchange Day 1
9:00 am - 10:00 am Exchange Registration
10:00 am - 10:10 am Welcome Orientation
10:30 am - 11:00 am Building a High Performance Internal L&D Team in the Age of Overwhelm and Distraction
In an age of a crowded and ever-changing tech market, many learning and development companies are still struggling with internally focused, outdated and static approaches without engagement. Organizations are increasingly realizing they need a well-constructed learning and development infrastructure that increases employee effectiveness by connecting at all levels to a broad range of content, processes, and technologies to drive performance. Join Corey as he walks us through how to build a high performance internal L&D team. In this session:
- Document the correlation between learning and performance
- Uncover the opportunities, focus on the critical and plan for action
- Learn behaviors of today’s high-performance employee
- Build the right infrastructure to support a learning culture
11:00 am - 11:30 am Becoming Hack Proof: Create an Agile Culture to Close the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
There is continued high demand for cybersecurity skills and an ongoing shortage of talent. Cybersecurity training is a crucial response to protect enterprise data and infrastructure. Organizations must pursue ways to close the talent gap with continuous training.
- Highlight effective cybersecurity training for the multigenerational workforce
- Learn how to best create awareness training and compliance training
- Boost an internal culture that is flexible to new technologies
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm Focus Session - Practitioner Roundtable Discussions
Earlier in the Exchange, we collected your insights and challenges in the L&D space, using the Thoughtexchange social learning tool. During this follow-up session, you’ll have dedicated time to sit with your peers and discuss what they are doing to address each one of four topics that are top of mind. Attendees will break into smaller groups, choose their topic area and develop an action plan to combat challenges and make improvement in their L&D strategy and delivery.
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Business Meetings
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Business Meetings
Masterclass2:45 pm - 3:30 pm Crowdsourcing + Learning = Improved Engagement and Performance
Crowdsourcing provides an opportunity to enable training to deliver faster and more powerful results. With the use of computers, the Internet, and social media, learners can connect with other learners from diverse backgrounds and from varied geographic locations. This session will cover how is crowdsourcing changing the way training is developed and delivered.
- Learn the opportunity and limitations of crowdsourcing
- Discuss how crowdsourcing can speed up to share insights
BrainWeave2:45 pm - 3:30 pm Build a Coaching Culture: “Win” the New Leadership “Game"
Are leaders in your organization playing the "new game" of leadership by the "old rules," leaving everyone involved feeling like something is missing? This interactive session will help you discover the "new rules" of leadership.
- Discover how instilling a coaching culture can help your organization "win" at creating engagement
- keep younger workers, and motivate people to have real conversations in real time, to make real change happen
3:30 pm - 3:45 pm Networking Break
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Case Study - Change Management in an Agile World: A 12 Week Guided Learning Path
Managing change, enabling and supporting people are key elements of success. Margaret will talk about how at Charter Communications they are working to provide employees with opportunities across the organization including offering cross training in different areas. This session will focus on:
- Effectively coach employees and equip leaders to help instill the growth mindset
- Analyze strategies and data analytics for turn-over
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Case Study - Embracing Just In Time Learning in a Collaborative EnvironmentDamian Hanft - Senior Director, Learning and Development, Arby's
In a rapidly changing business environment, employees want more immediate, adaptive, and context-based learning environments. They prefer to customize their training to fit their needs and engage through collaborative learning, where they can exchange experiences and access the latest opinions. Join this session with Damian to learn his strategies, and tools to provide high quality, relevant, and impactful learning experiences.
- Design, implement, and evaluation of programs that enhance organizational performance
- Deliver learning content that’s relevant to employees’ with up-to-date content in real-time
Damian HanftSenior Director, Learning and Development
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Industry Insight - Learning in the Moment: Embedding Learning within Workflows
Tradionally workplace learning has been seen as a separate activity from work. But It’s more impactful when it’s broken into bite-sized chunks and embedded into the workflow, so that’s readily available and consumed at the highest point of need, i.e. while on-the-job. This session will highlight:
- Why learning should be embedded in the workflow
- Is embedded learning different from performance support?
- How to integrate learning and development more effectively into the workplace?
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Business Meetings
5:15 pm - 5:45 pm Business Meetings
5:45 pm - 6:15 pm Ignite Challenge
This series of power presentations will offer new and fresh approaches to help L&D leaders to reinvent ways to offer employees consistent and contextual learning experiences. These rapid-fire presentations include three 10 minute presentations in 30 minutes.
1. Profiling and Supporting Adaptive Micro Learning
Microlearning can reduce costs and time in training, but how can it be applied to organizational learning? How do you measure the effectiveness of this program? Discover how to provide people with task-related support when and where it is needed.
2. The video for Learning: Types, Tools, and Techniques
Find out how to create a high-quality eLearning video with the right tools and techniques to improve retention and engagement.
3. AI Chatbots In eLearning
AI chatbots are becoming an essential part of personalized learning experiences for the L&D leaders. Learn how to enhance learning efficiency with AI.
6:15 pm - 6:45 pm Closing Address - Learning Technology Ecosystems: Does Your Technology Play Well Together?Casper Moerck - Head of Learning Technology – Americas, Siemens
In a world where learning technology is exploding and new apps and solutions are launched daily the learning technology landscape is evolving faster than ever. The CLO of today and certainly tomorrow is not only managing the development of people but also an ecosystem of learning technology. Here is the reality: It is no longer enough to be good at managing individual learning technology platforms. To successfully manage this plethora of apps it is necessary to manage the eco-system of learning technology. This session will:
- Highlight the basics of what a learning technology ecosystem is
- Review key elements of good learning ecosystem management
- Gain key insights into the current state of learning technology
- Become inspired by future perspectives on Learning Technology
Casper MoerckHead of Learning Technology – Americas
5:45 pm - 6:45 pm Cocktail & Dinner Reception
Welcome to Austin! Unwind after a day of networking and enjoy the eclectic city for an authentic Austin experience with music, specialty cocktails, and dinner.