Agenda Day One, Sunday, October 27, 2019
10:00 am - 10:30 am Registration
10:30 am - 10:35 am Welcome Orientation
11:00 am - 11:40 am Talent Disruption: Challenging the Way Work Gets Done
With continuous workforce shifts, adaptability is more imperative than ever. Do you have the necessary agility within your organization to respond to the ever-changing demands of your customers and evolving workforce? How can you create a competitive advantage in a way that’s counter to historical views of the employer/employee relationship? In this session you will:
- Gain insight into how GE Healthcare is managing this challenge
- Discuss ways to help your organization best equip themselves to engage in this disruptive state
- Understand the impact on employee experience
- Explore how to best drive the shift internal to your organization
11:40 am - 12:10 pm Talent Management as a Competitive Advantage
With unemployment at an all time low of 5.6% in Canada, Executives are struggling to find innovative ways to not only acquire and retain top talent but ensure they are doing everything to continuously develop that talent. Talent doesn’t flourish in a vacuum. It is a valuable commodity that needs to be identified, nurtured and optimized. Companies that can identify and match an applicant’s inherent talents with their jobs and culture will enjoy a competitive recruitment advantage by building a much more solid foundation for tomorrow. Explore the lessons learned through the journey of using integrated talent management to work toward a corporate goal of building the industry’s best team. You will examine how to use business alignment, engagement, leadership development, and employee experience focus to improve your business results. Throughout the session, you will assess where your organization is in these areas, and discuss actions you can take to improve.
- Explore how to move to a true business partner by better aligning with senior leadership
- Use employee engagement and succession planning to assess whether your efforts are making a difference
- Assess the state of your current talent management process and identify the areas you should focus on for maximum leverage
2:10 pm - 2:45 pm Collaborative & Courageous Leadership
Hear how innovative and dynamic leaders who are leading the way by having courageous conversations within their organization. Discover how organizations are creating a culture that promotes openness, transparency and collaboration by empowering their employees to share their voice and consider the thoughts and ideas of others; shifting the corporate paradigm from closed and knowing to open and learning. In this session you’ll learn what collaborative and courageous leadership means to you and those around you
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm Business Meetings
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Business Meetings
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Business Meetings
4:20 pm - 4:35 pm Networking Break
4:35 pm - 5:10 pm How Incorporating Authenticity in the Workplace Boosts Creativity and Employee Performance
There is no quick fix to employee engagement, but there is a direct correlation between engaged employees and increased productivity. Uncover the benefits of servant leadership and how incorporating personal values translates into an effective approach to delivering authentic self in the workplace. By immersing leadership into the flow of people, creativity creation positively impacts overall business objectives.
5:10 pm - 5:20 pm The Employee Career Experience: Uncovering the 6 Best-In-Class Practices Associated With Better Business Performance
As we approach 2020, workforce agility is in demand. During this Ignite, attendees will learn how to craft a best-in-class career experience
across the talent lifecycle. Results from the Fuel50 global career benchmarking research will be shared.
5:20 pm - 6:00 pm Panel: Cut To The Chase: Straight Talk from CHROs on Career Journeys, Mistakes & Failures, Managing Up & Gaining Confidence as The Role of The CHRO Continues to Evolve
· Identify shifts in the role and how these impact existing talent gaps as workforces continue to shift.
· Discuss the process of obtaining buy in from senior executives and securing a seat at the table.
· Highlight one of your biggest mistakes. What could you have done differently?
· Who has made it possible to access the technology you need to be successful?
· Discuss the emerging skill sets for tomorrow’s CHROs and where the role will continue to evolve.