Day One: Sunday, August 18, 2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am Registration
9:30 am - 9:35 am Welcome Orientation
9:35 am - 9:50 am Thoughtexchange Welcome
9:50 am - 10:00 am Chairperson's Introduction
10:00 am - 10:30 am A Digital Transformation Journey
Shifting to a digital perspective in our VUCA society forces us to constantly look at our people’s performance through the lens of consumers in this digital age. In this talk, Brandon Carson, Head of Learning, Delta Air Lines, will discuss the learning shift in this age of digital transformation. The presentation will cover what they planned, what they learned along the way and they pivoted.
- Achieve efficiency through virtual cohorts
- Develop modern, relevant content, consistent with today’s learner needs
- Achieve better trained, more proficient employees
Brandon CarsonDirector of Learning
Delta Air Lines
1:00 pm - 1:35 pm Collaborative and Courageous Leadership
Hear from innovative and dynamic leaders who are leading the way by having courageous conversations within their organization. Discover how organizations are creating a culture that promotes openness, transparency and collaboration by empowering their employees to share their voice and consider the thoughts and ideas of others; shifting the corporate paradigm from closed and knowing to open and learning.
Daniel GandarillaVP & CLO
1:40 pm - 2:10 pm Business Meetings
2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Business Meetings
2:40 pm - 3:10 pm Business Meetings
3:10 pm - 3:25 pm Networking Break
Masterclass3:30 pm - 4:15 pm Future-Skilling Your Workforce
Did you know that by the end of 2019, 32% of the 7.7 billion people living on the planet will be part of Gen Z? According to research from Bloomberg, Generation Z will surpass their well-known predecessors by the end of this year as the most populous generation. There are currently 61 million in the U.S. alone! With every new generation comes new training technology and methods of communication — is your learning organization prepared to meet the needs of the Gen Z workforce?
Join Debbie Wooldridge, CEO and Founder of ttcInnovations, to learn how to build training solutions to support this newest part of your workforce! During this session, you’ll discover how to:
- Create learner experience-centered programs that support lasting change.
- Utilize technology to promote innovation and collaboration.
- Devise strategies to encourage intrapreneurship.
- Incorporate inclusivity in meaningful ways throughout your learning materials.
- Design personalized learning programs.
Brainweave3:30 pm - 4:15 pm Build a Coaching Culture: "Win" the New Leadership "Game"
Dianna Anderson CEO Cylient LLC
Dianna Anderson CEO Cylient LLC
Are leaders in your organization playing the "new game" of leadership by the "old rules," leaving everyone involved feeling like something is missing? This interactive session will help you discover the "new rules" of leadership, and show you how instilling a coaching culture can help your organization "win” by:
- Engaging people to learn with and from each other, across boundaries and borders
- Giving younger workers the “in the moment” development they’re asking for
- And motivating people to have real conversations in real time, to make real change happen
4:20 pm - 4:35 pm Learning in the Flow of Work: A Potential Game Changer for Your L&D Strategy
A trend is taking shape across the corporate landscape that centers on evolving learning from an isolated event or destination into a seamless experience within an employee’s workday. This Ignite will showcase the multitude of emerging approaches for weaving learning experiences into the workplace systems of sales, technical, and leadership teams alike
Todd MoranVP, Solution Consulting
4:35 pm - 4:45 pm Leadership Efficiency and Effectiveness- The Problem is You
Leaders wonder why they have so little time to lead and manage their teams. It’s also a mystery why they don’t get the results they want or expect. The root of the problem is YOU – the leader. You’re not spending your limited time and energy effectively. If you want the leaders in your organization to lead more efficiently and effectively, it’s time to take a different approach to how they invest in their people
Mike FigliuoloManaging Director
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Growth Mindset and Improving the Employee Experience
There is no quick fix to employee engagement, but there is a direct correlation between engaged employees and increased productivity. Donald Dennis will take us on the transition from a fixed to a growth mindset and the direct impact this made on Huntington.
Donald DennisSVP Learning & Leadership Development
5:15 pm - 5:45 pm Learning agility: Continuous Development Through Learning Technology and Science
The need to disrupt the learning and development function to allow team members to build the learning agility and adaptability required to keep organizations competitive is becoming a more prevalent necessity every day. With the majority of corporations going through some sort of transformation and the data telling us that only 1 in 7 companies will find a way to grow sustainably and profitably, L&D leaders must make sense of the increasingly complex learning ecosystem to allow our teams to thrive in the age of automation. In this discussion Scott Hammerl, Director of Learning and COE, will map out how Hilton Worldwide has transitioned to a data driven Enterprise by applying new technologies in an innovative way to create behavioral change and shift their organization.
Scott HammerlDirector of Learning & COE
Hilton Hotels Worldwide
Grab a glass and join a table to dig further into key challenges and opportunities. seats are limited to keep discussions interactive, but everyone will have the chance to join each table. ask questions, share ideas, and get practical advice on these core development areas. when the bell rings, don’t forget to move!
Champagne Rountables: Mix & Match 20 Minutes at Each Table
5:45 pm - 6:05 pm EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING TO BUILDING FUTURE READY ORGANIZATION
- Changing mindsets, skill sets and behaviors at scale through experiential learning to become future ready
- Leveraging talent intelligence harnessed through experiential learning technologies to sharpen talent strategy
- Improving learning retention, application and on-the-job performance through technology facilitated practice
Rajiv JayaramanCEO, Co-Founder
5:45 pm - 6:05 pm Collaborative Learning & Empowering Your Internal Experts
- New approaches to Leadership Development at all levels
- Learner Incentives to Promote Engagement
- Developing workforce agility and embracing non-traditional methods
Jean-Christophe BourgadeCo-Founder and Collaborative Learning Expert
5:45 pm - 6:05 pm Talent Agility & Mobility
- Recalibrating Learning – The Shift From Traditional Corporate Learning
- Enabling Business Strategy with Modern Performance Management
- Creating a High Performance Culture With Organization Agility
Brain SteinbergDirector of Leadership Development
5:45 pm - 6:05 pm Digital Transformation
Matt Nawrocki SVP of Sales NovoEd
Matt Nawrocki SVP of Sales NovoEd
- Embracing Digital Technologies to Modify Existing Business Processes
- Speed of Adoption in an Accelerated Market
- Driving Cost Savings and Efficiencies with Learning Technologies
Matt NawrockiSVP of Sales