IBM is a huge, global enterprise that's 100+ years old. DesignOps is a new practice gaining momentum across the industry. Can we integrate the two? In this session, Jenny Price, a new IBM DesignOps leader, will share her story of leading a nimble designer group in an emerging and highly visible area of the business across the enterprise. Sharing how the larger IBM DesignOps POV is taking shape. Learn how you might build a DesignOps community, make the case for DesignOps, and start transforming your organizations.
· Discuss UX principles and methodologies that can be used to develop better employee experiences for your tools, artifacts, and processes
· Review three unique implementations of UX/HR collaboration
· Strategize on how to involve and enable UX within your organization
· Explore: empathy in action and active listening. Use these tools to identify what lies below the surface of your leadership needs
· Experiment: leverage design guiding principles to define the learning experience
· Activate: collaborate with other branches of HR to activate your experience
· Amplify: scale your experience leveraging data and storytelling to influence others
HR is increasingly called on to play a key role in enterprise growth. This requires them to be full
partner in the strategic planning and decision-making process for better work performance, productivity,
and employee experience. Using human-centered design is a way for HR to achieve these goals – but
how can it be maintained if your organization is hesitant to change?