Managing Your Online Employee Brand through Social Media Recruitment Tools
Social media recruitment requires giving up a certain level of control. However, you can still manage your online reputation and the image that you want to broadcast through your social media platforms aimed at talent acquisition.
In this session recorded at the Social Media for Recruitment Summit in May 2010, Elisa Bannon, Director of Talent Acquisition Operators for U.S. Cellular, highlights ways to positively influence the reputation that your company has already created through clear and coherent messaging and the impact on potential hires.
Through a targeted community-based approach and use of LinkedIn and Facebook, U.S. Cellular has been effective at reaching a source of candidates to join the organization. This case study will offer takeaway examples of how to use social media channels to make quality hires efficiently and stay within your recruiting budget. You'll find out how to:
1. Connect with customers and potential customers with a grassroots recruiting strategy
2. Avoid large job boards and focus on grassroots and social media channels
3. Deliver a quality response to job inquiries
4. Build a focused approach to your employer value proposition
5. Develop a message that connects your employer brand and consumer brand
6. Measure success by reaching goals, hiring quality employees and sustaining high performance